A well-stocked first-aid kit is a necessity in homes. An easy reach to the first-aid kit can help to provide the right supplies in case of emergencies. The first-aid kit is a kind of portable container that includes medicines, supplies, and information about what thing is to be used and when. Every home should have a first-aid kit, and every member of the home should have knowledge on how to use it. You can also prepare a first-aid kit at home, using containers that are sturdy, roomy, and easy to carry and open. You can search for the first aid kits in melbourne and its contents.
In cases of emergencies, a first-aid kit is the beginning of care. There are different types of medical first-aid kits and their contents which you will get to know in this article:
- Home First Aid Kits
Home kits are used to treat the minor traumatic injuries that can happen in every day at home, which includes: cuts, burns, stings, sprains, abrasions, and splinters. Home first-aid kit content includes items like:
- Adhesive tapes and bandages of all sizes.
- Exam gloves that are used for infection protection and can be made at home with ice packs filled with frozen water.
- Sterile gauze pads for covering and cleaning the wounds.
- Antibiotic creams to apply to wounds.
- Non-adhesive pads for covering the wounds and burns.
- Scissors, tweezers, safety pins.
- The triangular bandage as a towel, sling, and tourniquet.
- Travel First Aid Kits
Travel first-aid kits need to be comprehensive as it is not necessary that a drug store will always be accessible. There must be personal medical items in addition to the items that will help to reduce the symptoms of respiratory infections like cough, sore throat, fever, and nasal congestion. Travel kits must contain items to treat: skin problems, mild pain, allergies, cuts, and gastrointestinal problems. The items that a travel first aid kit must contain are:
- Adhesive tape and bandages of all sizes.
- Sterile gauze pads.
- Antacid mainly for indigestion occurs during traveling.
- A book on first-aid that contains the information on when and what to use in different situations.
- A lighter that can be used to sterilize the instruments and start a fire to make smoke in case of emergency help as a signal.
- Small flashlight.
- Antiseptic agent and a liquid soap that can help in cleaning the wounds and hands.
- Personal medications for the trip duration and other items for self-care.
- Pocket mask for CPR in case of emergencies.
- Scissors, thermometer, tweezers, and safety pins.
It is crucial to have proper first-aid items at home and while traveling. Make sure to use all the items properly, especially the medications. You must train your family members to use the kits and help in need. Also, place the first-aid kits where they are easily accessible to every member of the family. While travelling you must carry the personal items if you have any health issue as you might need them.